Sunday, October 17, 2010

Unexpected blessing through unexpected experience

Sunday, 17th of October. We just came home from church. As usual, when parked, I turned off the engine.


My son, Ken, said out loud.."Wait, mommy. Listen." whilst pointing to the player. We were listening to Sandi Patti's "Willing to Wait" when I turned off the engine. I obliged to the request and turned the ignition on again. I thought he just wanted to finish this song. When he saw that I was to touch the car key again, he said, "Wait!!". Ah, I got it, he was waiting for the next song.


No problem. I sat there and listened with Ken. As the intro music came through, I saw Ken (in the rear view mirror), lifting his arms up, and said "C'mon, do this..". Without much thinking, I joined him in lifting arms, swaying with the music.


Until it struck me...the song's title is " I lift my Hands to You".

As the melody progressed and Sandi's voice came in, I heard Ken singing the words as best he could. Some were inaudible for he cannot pronounce them all correctly yet, but he knows the tune. As I saw him enjoying and immersed with the singing, a thought made me wonder if he could (deeply) understand the words of this praise song.


I sat back, sang with him and Sandi, as the lyrics came back to my memory, I felt a quickening in my spirit. I felt the Lord's presence. The Lord is here with us, basking in the innocent praise being offered by Ken. My tears flowed, and my heart was overwhelmed with joy.


"My watchman, my keeper

Whose eyes are ever on me

I wander, You find me

And rescue me from danger

My blessed Redeemer

Spared not Your Son to save me

You cleanse me and crown me

With great love and compassion".


The song has stopped, yet my heart is still full of joy from this short and unexpected experience.


Then the word of the Lord came, Romans 10:11 "Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed."


I was still in tears when I led him out of the car, "What's the matter, mommy?" I could only hug him as I thanked God for the encounter.


Someday, he will read through my notes/blogs to find the answer.



NB:

When I was pregnant with Ken, I constantly played this CD on my player for hours. I listened during my long hours of bus rides. I listened at night until I fell asleep and sometimes wake up with the headset still on my ears. I listened whilst reading. I just listened and listened to this CD endlessly. I even placed the headset on my tummy, hoping he will hear the song clear enough.

He listened to other CDs too (whilst in my tummy). I'll write about them, maybe next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers