Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Crib



I was excited to try my new camera that time. I have no idea where to take my first few shot..I walked and walked and my feet landed me into this graveyard. I, for one, do not go to cemeteries. I do not like the eerie feeling, the quietness, the loneliness.

However, when I stepped into this old cemetery in Kalgoorlie, it seems to transport you to a different era. Nope, I didn't feel any goose bumps or had eerie feeling. I just walked through and read the epitaphs, counting in my minds how young or old they've stayed in this planet we called earth.

My eye got caught with this crib, old and rusted and dilapidated. I could sense the loss and the pain. I stood there, just wondering how old the baby could have been if he survived; but there was no epitaph.

I moved on and then saw this lady coming in with a rose in her hand, visiting her loved one. She smiled as she passed me by. I was apprehensive to get her permission to take her picture, that will really sound odd, but i wanted to capture this moment...full of love and faithfulness despite the sadness it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers